Boiler Controls Technician (TX) #2092
Boiler Controls Technician (TX) #2092 – Corpus Christi, Texas
This is a permanent full time position.
The successful Boiler Service/Controls Technician will be responsible for wiring, firing, and testing boilers in the field. This position is responsible for the readiness of the customer equipment.
- Travel will be required. This is not local or shop position.
- Drivers License required
Knowledge & Experience
- Have knowledgeable of PLC’s, transformers, transmitters and other boiler controls.
- Wire all controls and motors for watertube and firetube boilers and auxiliary equipments.
- Rebuild control valves and regulators.
- Build and test control panel using Engineering wiring schematic and layout.
- Build and test fuel skids using Engineering wiring schematic and layout.
- Build and test condensate tanks and deaerators.
- Trim out firetube and watertube boilers.
- Perform start-up of Rental boilers in field.
- Assist departments as required.
- Reads blueprints and wiring schematics.
- Able to trouble shoot, fire, and set combustion on all types of boilers, including but not limited to boiler with superheaters, desuperheaters, and economizers.
- Determines valve trim, regulator size and spring, oil gun length and size, and all other parts and accessories needed to fire any boiler.
- Able to fire and set combustion on boiler with all types of pneumatic controls.
- Able to fire and set combustion on boiler with all types of electrical controls.
- Able to train other employee’s on the operation and controls of boilers.
- Maintain condition of and inventory of all tools and monitors.
Education & Experience Required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Six (6) years of boiler experience required on the
electrical and control environment
- Must be able to read and work from blueprints and schematics
- Must have a broad knowledge of boiler controls
- Mechanical and electrical background a must
- Must have the ability to trouble shoot boilers and auxiliary equipment
- Must be able to retrofit control systems in the field
- Must have the ability and knowledge to trouble shoot systems with no schematic
- Employer will conduct a valid driver’s license check, drug screen and background check prior to employment
#IntegriSource #jobs #boilerjobs