CPA, Senior Tax Accountant, Public Accounting (Tallahassee, FL) #1658
CPA, Senior Tax Accountant, Public Accounting (Tallahassee, FL) #1658 – Tallahassee, Florida
This is a permanent full time position.
Our client is looking to hire a CPA, Senior Tax Accountant, Public Accountant with 3+ years of tax experience in public accounting for Tallahassee, FL. The successful CPA, Senior Tax Accountant will have experience that includes knowledge of pertinent IRC sections and regulations and be proficient in the preparation of individual, corporate, partnership, fiduciary, and other tax returns. This is a fast-paced, technologically advanced office environment with a diverse group of clients. Company offers a performance incentive plan and an excellent benefits package.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years, experience in public accounting
- Experience evaluating internal controls and financial statement preparation
- Experience with direct client responsibilities
- Supervision of staff auditors preferred
- SEC experience is preferred
- Experience working with government, not for profit, insurance, pension or SEC is highly desired.
- SEC experience is preferred.
- Supervision of staff auditors preferred.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must be CPA eligible, CPA preferred
- 3+ years' experience in public accounting
- Experience working in government, not for profit, insurance or pension
Duties & Responsibilities
- Federal, state, and local tax documents by preparing property tax returns, state pages, and federal, state, and municipal returns, extensions, and quarterly payments.
- Preparing tax schedules by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating provision schedules.
- Recommend tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Maintain compliance by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Maintain compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Revise procedures development and streamline procedures and worksheets for calculation of tax provisions.
- Identify potential mergers and acquisitions by analyzing tax information; key ratios; identifying tax savings.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Some travel will be required
#IntegriSource #Staff #jobs #CPAjobs