Patent Agent – Washington, District of Columbia
This is a permanent position.
IntegriSource is working with a global law firm who is adding an experienced Patent Agent (Engineering) to their Intellectual Property practice group and can work from any of the firms US office locations: Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, or Washington DC.
- Include a cover letter, resume, school transcripts (from each school), and writing sample.
- Applicants must have excellent academic credentials and references.
- Applications without this additional documentation will not be considered.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years of work experience in the electrical/mechanical/computer technologies patent prosecution field.
- Experience in both writing original patent applications and prosecuting pending applications.
- Familiarity with Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) practice, preferred.
Education & Experience Required
- A degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science. Absent a degree, our client will consider the equivalent technical experience.
- Candidates must be licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as an agent.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Patent Agent will work with Patent Attorneys to do the following:
- Secure patents by preparing, filing, and prosecuting applications involving new inventions with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Evaluating the patentability of innovations and invention disclosures.
- Preparing, drafting, and filing patent applications.
- Drafting responses to domestic and foreign Office Actions.
- Assisting patent attorneys with the global prosecution of complex patent families.
- Performing prior art database searches for patentability and freedom to operate analyses.
- Preparing draft amendments to patent claims, specifications, and abstracts.
- Performing research and analysis and providing guidance on a variety of patent and Intellectual Property related issues.
Our client is not offering sponsorship or relocation for this role.
#integrisource #patentagent #DCjobs #chicagojobs #denverjobs #houstonjobs #losangelesjobs #newyorkjobs #sanfranciscojobs #USPTO