Help Desk Technician - Level 2
Help Desk Technician - Level 2 – Tampa Bay Area, Florida
This is a permanent position.
The Level 2 Managed Service Network Services Technician covers a wide variety of roles and responsibilities.
Providing advanced technical support for escalations, projects, ongoing maintenance, support tasks, sales engineering support, and ongoing technical deep dive evaluations of our service stack.
You will report directly to Operations/Service Manager and are expected to provide insight into issues, training needs, client remediation, and relationship improvements within the helpdesk from your perspective.
This position will require between 40 – 50 hours per week depending on current issues. This position also contributes to our rotating on-call schedule, which is currently a 1-week duration every 5 weeks. These after-hours alerts consist of our P1 alerts (Highest level alert) and scheduled after-hours critical care tickets
- Respond to scheduled service tickets, update, resolve, and adapt to adjusted service schedules for customer priority and emergency tickets.
- Office365/TEAMS/Azure knowledge is expected. Understanding the integrations for a Hybrid cloud, office365/m365 integrations, and Teams/OneDrive usage within an organization is a core focus. Experience in this area is a must, Certifications or equivalent documented experience are prized and available.
- Assist level 1 techs in their resolution of tickets and escalations per SLA with clients.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
- Implement and execute project tickets as assigned. Project scopes may include whole network design and implementation, single server migrations, new switch or router installs, VLAN/ISCSI/Firewall, wireless deployments, general implementations/troubleshooting/maintenance.
- Maintain servers, workstations, network devices, and software applications utilizing the tools available.
- Implement and maintain Vmware ESXi and Hyper-V hypervisors and Guest Servers. A solid base of installation and support knowledge is required. Certifications are essential.
- Work with VLANS, switches, trunk groups, and networking in general; primarily, Meraki/Unifi switching.
- Cross-train with VOIP phone system technician
- Cross-train with the Backup team to ensure continuity of our BDR and recovery platforms.
- Work with vendors to maintain high availability of systems
- Be a documentation leader and help document processes and knowledgebase articles with other technicians to ensure a high degree of serviceability for future support needs.
- STRONG understanding and execution of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, DFS, and other Microsoft technologies to meet client business goals.
- Maintenance and Detailed understanding of Server 2012-2019 and how to implement effectively in a local, hybrid, and Cloud environment.
- Capable of multitasking and maintaining a calm composure through multiple issues. Supporting multiple clients can be trying, especially when you add an emergency issue or critical failure. If you tend to not keep your cool under pressure, this is not the position for you.
- Must be comfortable meeting with clients to discuss technology to align with overall business objectives. You will be called upon to go in a pre-sales and post-sales role to evaluate overall network elements and may have to interact with customers. This is not a sales role, but in our business, all employees are sales representatives with how we present ourselves and our product.
- 3+ years IT experience
- 3+ years experience in MSP Environment
- Experience in Connectwise or other similar PSA
Preferred Certifications & Training:
- Microsoft MCP, MCSE, AZ 104, AZ 303
- Cisco CCNA
- VMware Hypervisor or Cloud
- CompTIA Network + Security + Server +
- Advanced education AA Degree in a technical field related to infrastructure