Sr. Database Engineer
Sr. Database Engineer – Tallahassee, Florida
This is a contract to hire 6 months position.
IntegriSource has partnered with a top-tier Tallahassee employer who has an immediate need to add a Sr. Database Engineer to their team. This is a 6-month contract to hire position and the work will be onsite in Tallahassee, FL.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong understanding of data warehouse and data modelling principles and best practices.
- Skilled with design, build, and troubleshoot ETL routines using SSIS and on complex stored procedures and functions.
- Skilled in supporting SQL Server data replication and validation.
- Experience in logical database design and data modeling (Star Schema and 3NF).
- Knowledge of data privacy and protection initiatives.
- Knowledge of SDLC.
- Experience with SQL Server Always On availability groups.
- Experience developing in T-SQL or PL/SQL languages.
- Experience with SSRS.
- Ability to design dimensional models that adhere to Kimball methodology.
- Experience with Power BI.
- Ability to mentor developers on effective and quality database queries.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, design skills, and ability to multitask.
- Experience with agile software development, including Scrum.
- Experience with a ticket-based system for work assignments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience with Microsoft DevOps (TFS).
Education & Experience Required
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, management information systems, or business administration and a minimum of three years of progressively responsible information systems experience; or
- Progressively responsible work experience with web or application development can be substituted on a year for year basis for the required college education for a total of seven years of related experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop database models for applications.
- Maintain current databases and assist with optimizing performance.
- Participate in code reviews and assist developers with writing effective queries.
- Understand and implement data warehousing principles, tools, and technologies.
- Respond, analyze, and resolve to a resolution production issues that arise.
- Decompose data flows/relationships into concrete data pipelines and models.
- Be integrated into an agile team working to provide excellent customer service.
#integrisource #databaseengineer #fljobs #hiring #ITjobs